- 4 medium zucchini, ends trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 2heaping cups baby spinach, chiffonaded (very thinly sliced)
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 recipe Hemp Seed Alfredo Sauce
- Small handful fresh basil leaves, chiffonaded (very thinly sliced)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Use a spiralizer to spriralize the zucchini into pasta/noodles. Alternatively, use a vegetable peeler to shave the zucchini lengthwise, forming long, ribbon-like noodles.
- Add the zucchini noodles, red bell pepper, and spinach to a large mixing bowl. Pour the lemon juice over the noodles and veggies and toss to coat. Let the noodles marinate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Hemp Seed Alfredo Sauce.
- Add the basil and pour as much of the Alfredo sauce as desired over the zucchini pasta. Toss to coat. Taste and season with sea salt and black pepper, to taste. If desired, sprinkle on a bit of vegan parmesan cheese*.
- Divide between bowls and serve immediately.
Disclaimer: This article is originally published on https://www.blissfulbasil.com/