Cannabidiol (CBD) found in hemp and marijuana are two types of cannabis plants. It is early to make any claims about CBD as a cancer treatment. While the initial outcomes of small studies on cancer cells are promising, they are not conclusive. Hence, more research is needed. The compound may help to manage some cancer symptoms and side effects of treatment. Researchers and scientists keep looking into many other potentially related uses of CBD that may help treat anxiety and sleep issues.
CBD is not the same as tetrahydrocannabinol, a different compound in cannabis that causes a high when a person smokes or ingests it. CBD is viewed as psychoactive, but it’s non-impairing and non-euphoric-not like THC.
Let’s take a deep look at how CBD may help people with cancer.
Is CBD for Cancer Treatment?
There is strong evidence supporting the idea that cannabinoids can reduce tumor growth in animal models of cancer. Taking CBD also enhances uptake or increases the potency of certain drugs used to treat cancer. A few of the promising studies are mentioned here:
- A 2019 review of in-vitro and in-vivo studies focusing on pancreatic cancer found that cannabinoids can help slow tumor cell death.
- A 2014 study conducted in experimental models of colon cancer in-vivo suggests CBD may inhibit the spread of colorectal cancer cells.
- A very early study in 2010 demonstrated the efficacy of CBD in preclinical models of metastatic breast cancer. The study also found that CBD significantly reduces breast cancer cell proliferation and invasion.
CBD as Complementary Treatment for Cancer
Cancer treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation may produce an array of side effects such as nausea and loss of appetite. Research also suggests that CBD may ease neuropathic pain and nausea. CBD has anti-inflammatory and anti-anxiety properties.
Is CBD Safe for People with Cancer?
CBD is an alternative treatment, even a cure for cancer. People with cancer mostly say that taking CBD has helped them to manage their symptoms and side effects from standard cancer treatment.
Choose the CBD Products that help in reducing pain caused by chemotherapy are:
CBD is a natural substance, but you must approach it with caution and due diligence.
Following are the CBD products from Canna Essentials that may help you in diminishing the pain caused by cancer treatment chemotherapy:
- India Hemp Organics CannaBliss Pain Relief, Orange Creamsicle flavour, offers benefits such as reducing nausea and vomiting, chronic pain, stimulates appetite, and reduces neuropathic pain and many more benefits.
- With Qurist Strong Natural Flavour CBD Tincture Oil, you bring home wellness. The CBD oil inspires and is high efficacy, bioavailable CBD formulations curated with passion. It compromises MCT oil and natural tulsi.
- Qurist Strong Berry Blast Flavour CBD Tincture Oil is organic, ethically sourced, quality checked, non-GMO and 100% THC-free helps to treat issues such as pain.
While CBD appears to help ease cancer symptoms and side effects of treatment. Always talk to your doctor first if you are thinking of buying CBD. Clinical trials are underway studying the use of CBD in cancer care, and therefore, you and your oncologist can talk through possible benefits.
Disclaimer: This article is originally published on https://cannaessentials.in/